Police suspect youths who assaulted Bowraville man might be repeat offenders

File Photo
File Photo

Police are investigating links between Saturday night's home invasion in which a Bowra man was assaulted and left with an injured wrist, and a similar incident from October last year.

Police said three youths broke into the man's home in George St, just before midnight on Saturday evening (January 4).

They were carrying a baseball bat and demanded the man's car keys.

When he refused they attacked him before fleeing.

He was taken to Coffs Harbour Hospital for treatment.

In October, another Bowraville man was assaulted in his home on Bowra Street.

The man was awoken to the sound of people kicking in the back door to his house who were armed with a mop handle, a broom handle and rocks from a nearby garden.

The invaders were again said to be three youths, and that incident also happened just before midnight on a Saturday evening.

The trio left the house with the man's wallet and car keys before stealing his car.

He was treated by paramedics for a broken left leg, punctured lip and facial lacerations. He was transferred to Coffs Harbour Hospital for further treatment.

Police have advised locals in the area to be diligent in locking their doors and fly-screens.

They are also appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard anything to report the information via crimestoppers on 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.

Also in the news