By 1pm on Tuesday, with 92 per cent of the fireground inspected, the toll has now risen to 52 homes.
The loss of homes in the Nambucca Shire is more than twice that of last week's confirmed total.
Nambucca Shire mayor, Rhonda Hoban, said that with 82 per cent of the property inspections completed, the number of homes lost had now reached 44 - this does not include outbuildings such as sheds.
With 18 per cent of inspections still underway, the total could climb even higher.
The council confirmed that two timber bridges at South Arm, McDonalds and Barrys Bridge, had also been lost.
The recovery effort continues with the Minister for Natural Disaster and Emergency Management, David Littleproud, announcing the Disaster Recovery Allowance (up to 13 weeks income support) would be extended to people living in another 19 local council areas, including residents in the Nambucca Shire.
"This is money in people's pockets at a time when they can't go to work," Minister Littleproud said.
"This is for people in these areas who have lost their income as a direct result of the fires. The fires are affecting businesses, workplaces and employees putting a stop to pay cheques.
"The allowance is paid on top of the support we're already providing under our jointly-funded arrangement with the states.
"Anyone who wants to apply for the allowance should contact the Department of Human Services to check their eligibility.
"We will not walk away from these communities and will provide further support as needed."
Other Local Government Areas in NSW included:
Armidale, Ballina, Bellingen, Blue Mountains, Byron, Cessnock, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Glen Innes Severn, Gwydir, Hawkesbury, Inverell, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Kyogle, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Lithgow, Mid-Coast, Narrabri, Oberon, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Richmond Valley, Singleton, Sutherland, Tamworth, Tenterfield, Tweed, Uralla and Walcha.