SCHOOL CLOSURES FOR TUESDAY:
The NSW Department of Education has added the following local schools to the list of closures within the shire tomorrow:
- Medlow Public School
- Telegraph Point Public School
- Nambucca Christian Community School
- St Marys, Bowraville
- Macksville Adventist School
The Guardian News understands that Tallowood School is also closed.
Latest updates: education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety
A heavy pall of smoke hangs over the Nambucca Valley this morning, stretching at least 20 kilometres north of Nambucca Heads and many more to the south and the west.
St Patricks Primary School, Macksville and the Macksville TAFE Campus are both closed today and tomorrow. Other schools are open today but are awaiting confirmation from the Department of Education regarding possible closures tomorrow, Tuesday, when conditions are expected to become extreme once again.
Macksville Ex-Services has become an unofficial evacuation centre and is open for residents to pick up bedding, food, clothes, toiletries and childrens' toys, all of which have been donated over the weekend.
The Macksville Showground is open for the evacuation of horses and owners are being advised to move their animals today rather than waiting until tomorrow.
- Worsening weather conditions on Tuesday 12 November 2019 will see areas across the state with severe, extreme and catastrophic fire danger. These are very dangerous conditions. Visit the NSW RFS website for more details.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
- Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.