Eleven junior rugby league players from the Valley have been selected to represent Group 2 at the Northern Country Championships in Port Macquarie this weekend.
An incredible seven players from the Nambucca Valley Tigers - Malcolm Noble, Nelson Langley, Rangi Buchanan, Blake Spear, Will Batten, Wyatt Rouse and Locky Mcewan - have been tapped on the shoulder for the Group 2 Under-15s side.
While the Bowra Tigers' Finnian Walsh, Brodie Moore, Wesley Brown and Yharli Waagay-Fitzgerald were selected into the Group 2 Under-14s side.
More than 800 players will take the field across the two-day tournament, with players representing their respective groups at Port Macquarie Regional Sports Stadium and Wagga's Paramore Park.
The winning sides will take part in the CRL Under-14's and 15's Country Championship Finals, which will be played at Morry Breen Oval in Wyong on Saturday September 28.
Country Rugby League CEO Terry Quinn believes the Championships are a great way to see the next generation of talent from Regional NSW on display.
"The Under-14 and 15 CRL Country Championships are, for many, the first step in the representative Rugby League pathway and it's a special tournament for the 800 players involved across the weekend," Quinn said.
Not only are these players representing their respective regions, but the Championships also act as a pathway for selection in Andrew Johns Cup or Harold Matthews Cup and Laurie Daley Cup or SG Ball Junior Representative sides in 2020."
All players participating in this weekend's championships will be required to attend NRL Welfare and Education workshops covering messages such as social responsibility, cyber bullying, social media, concussion and respect.
More than 60 games will be played across the weekend with games kicking off at 9:00am at both venues on Saturday and Sunday.
Group 2 Under-15s squad
Group 2 Under-15's
- Shane Davis-Caldwell (Kempsey)
- Braith Powick (Kempsey)
- Chris Bull (Kempsey)
- Malcolm Noble (Bowraville)
- Bennet Bar-Reech (Coffs Harbour)
- Logan Lockwood (Kempsey)
- Nelson Langley (Nambucca)
- Clancy Webber (Coffs Harbour)
- Rangi Buchanan (Nambucca)
- Luke Hayes (Coffs Harbour)
- Blake Spear (Bowraville)
- Peter Conroy (Coffs Harbour)
- Luke Key (Coffs Harbour)
- Will Batten (Nambucca)
- Robbie Colquhoun (Kempsey)
- Justin Kelly (Kempsey)
- Boadhi Sjoberg (Coffs Harbour)
- Wyatt Rouse (Bowraville)
- Jovan Robinson-Mackay (Sawtell)
- Locky Mcewan (Bowraville)
Group 2 Under-14s squad
- Luke Calthorpe (Smithtown)
- Robert Inglis (Smithtown)
- Emanuel Degal (Coffs Harbour)
- Cayden Close (Coffs Harbour)
- Jordan Deveraux (Coffs Harbour)
- Finnian Walsh (Bowraville)
- Cooper Petterson (Smithtown)
- Joshua Margetts (Bellingen)
- Mitchel Summers Whalley (Bellingen)
- Daniel Nixon (Smithtown)
- Brodie Moore (Bowraville)
- Jack Margetts (Bellingen)
- Lachlan Misfud (Coffs Harbour)
- Ethan Hart (Coffs Harbour)
- Diem Mason Woods (Coffs Harbour)
- Clancy Dixon (Smithtown)
- Wesley Brown (Bowraville)
- Yharli Waagay-Fitzgerald (Bowraville)
- Kade Levingston (Woolgoolga)
- Oscar Williams (Smithtown)