The Nambucca Shire community is invited to come out and support the seven day 2019 Alive and Well on Farms Ride from September 13 to 20.
Raising funds for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service, 75 riders and support crew are participating in the 2019 event, riding over 500km from Coffs Harbour to Tamworth over seven days. Participants are travelling through Valla Beach, South West Rocks, Port Macquarie, Wauchope and Walcha before riding into Tamworth.
The 2019 Alive and Well on Farms Ride for the Chopper will take off from after the event's official launch in Tamworth, then make their way down the coast to Coffs Harbour.
Now in its 19th year, the Service's CEO Richard Jones said the continued success of the ride is a testament to the dedication of the volunteers and participants that make it possible.
"Each year we are blown away by the commitment these riders and support crew make to the Service by participating in the Alive and Well on Farms Ride for the Chopper," he said.
"Whether they are first-time riders or have been doing it for over 10 years, all of the participants are taking part to help keep the Westpac Rescue Helicopter ready to respond 24-7 for those in need."
The riders will be in the following locations:
- Friday, September 13 - Bus departs the Tamworth Helicopter Base for Coffs Harbour at 9:30am.
- Saturday, September 14- Coffs Harbour to Valla Beach
- Sunday 15 and Monday, September 16- South West Rocks
- Tuesday, September 17 - Port Macquarie
- Wednesday, September 18- Wauchope
- Thursday, September 19- Walcha
- Friday, September 20- Finish at Tamworth
Major sponsors for the event include Alive and Well on Farms, Orica, PANSW, CFMEU, Sigma Aerospace, Calala Inn, Woodley's Motors and Coates Hire.