Screening June 30
Majestic Cinemas will be screening the Paris Opera Ballet, Cinderella, on Sunday, June 30 June and Wednesday, July 3.
Charles Perrault's celebrated tale, set to music by Sergei Prokofiev, is transposed to a 1930s Hollywood in this colourful production.
In a series of references to the heroes of the American cinema, Rudolf Nureyev propels his Cinderella under the spotlights of La La Land.
With a producer for fairy godmother and a star actor as Prince Charming, she escapes her miserable destiny and sees her dreams come true in a story not without similarities with that of the choreographer, the young Tatar who became an international star.
With this "ballet-metaphor", the Paris Opera Ballet pays tribute to Nureyev its former director (1983-89), who remains wonderfully present in the Company and its works, more than two decades after his departure.
- Conductor: Vello Phn
- Orchestra: Orchestre Pasdeloup
- Cast: Valentine Colasante (Cinderella), Karl Paquette (The star), Ludmila Pagliero, Dorothée Gilbert (The two sisters), Aurélien Houette (The mother), Alessio Carbone (The producer), Paul Marque (The dance teacher), Marion Barbeau (Spring woman), Émilie Cozette (Summer woman), Sae Eun Park (Autumn woman), Fanny Gorse (Winter woman), Nicolas Paul (The director), Francesco Mura (His assistant), Pierre Rétif (The father)
- Music: Sergei Prokofiev
- Choreography: Rudolf Nureyev after Charles Perrault
- Designs: Petrika Ionesco
- Duration: Approx. 2h50 incl. 2 intervals
- Captured live from the Opéra Bastille, Paris, 2018
The next Opera on screen will be Don Giovanni on Sunday, August 11 and Wednesday, August 14.