To improve vehicular access to local businesses and medical facilities in and around the Macksville CBD, Council is increasing the parking time limit on 74 parking spaces from one hour to two hours.
“Extending the time limits to two hours will be a benefit to everyone, especially the older, more vulnerable members of our community,”mayor Rhonda Hoban said.
“This will allow more time for medical visits, dining and shopping in the Macksville CBD.”
The localities to benefit from this increase are:
- Winifred Street (near Princess Street) 4 spaces
- Princess Street (near Fire Brigade station) 5 spaces
- Wallace Street (West of Princess Street) 6 spaces
- River Street (near Princess Street) 14 spaces
- Partridge Street 22 spaces
- Star Street 23 spaces
“The new parking signage is currently being installed in Macksville and will come into effect on Friday, September 29, prior to the spring school holiday,” manager technical services.Keith Williams said.