Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Armidale, Tenterfield, Inverell, Casino, Kyogle, Maclean, Woolgoolga, Sawtell and Dorrigo.
4cm hail (golfball-sized) was observed at Narrabri around 3:20pm.
3cm hail was observed at Armidale around 4:20pm.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:15 pm.
See some amazing photos from when the storm hit the Nambucca Valley area yesterday evening.